Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am back to creating after a health crisis with my mother.  Right now I am very drawn to earth colors.
I received several packets of faded flowers from a deceased flower artist and wasn't sure what to do with the muted colors as I am used to using bright colors.  As I worked with these flowers I became very fond of their neutrality and subtle beauty.  I realized that in the growth cycle often I have thought of the disintegration cycle as not that beautiful but in working with these flowers I can see that all of the cycles of growth have their own unique beauty including the death cycle.
Also as I was working on this I dicovered a small bug that was pressed in the process.  The bug is glued to the bottom of the swithplate.  I wonder is you can see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment