Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back in the Saddle

For the past few months I have been focusing on helping my 93 year-old mother recover from a broken ankle.  She is doing better now so once again I am writing.  I am very excited about joining the World Wide Pressed Flower Guild.  In fact I just joined this evening.  This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and recently psychic space has opened up for me to do this.  They offer wonderful classes and I will have the opportunity to get to know Pressed Flower Artists from around the world.  In the U.S.A. I have heard that Pressed Flower Art is somewhat of a dying art form.  I hope that is not true and plan to keep putting my art out there.  Working with art supplies that I collect from nature is most satisfying to me and hopefully the viewers of my art will be reminded of their own connection with nature.

Currently, I am working with Linda Barnes, a poet, creative writer and counselor to develop a Workshop entitled, "Anything is Possible".  We plan to use Tarot cards as a jumping off place for creating poetry and art, stressing there is always potential for anything to happen in our lives.  I am meeting with Linda this Friday and we are going to refine our agenda.  We have picked a date for the workshop which is April 16, Saturday.  I will post more on my class page when the details are worked out.

I am working on a pressed flower candle holder that is an "English Garden" design.  Marie Ann Robinson, a pressed flower artist from South Dakota sent me some beautiful flowers from her garden and I am using some of them on the candle holder.  I will post a picture when I finish it.

"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy that is translated through you; and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique."  Martha Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment