Monday, May 9, 2011

Petal Girls

I signed up for an on-line class with the Worldwide Pressed Flower Guild.  The class is entitled "Petal Girls" and is taught by a woman from India named Anagha Shinde.  It is a very fun class and we are learning how to make girls out of flower petals.  I just love doing the class in a group and seeing what the other members of the group come up with.  Everyone shares their ideas so freely.  It is quite inspiring to me that this group of artists are so supportive of eachother.  I just completed my first girl I call Petunia.  She reminds me of myself when I married my husband Buzz 14 years ago.  Since we got married my nickname has been "Petunia".  Now that I am finished with her it is hard to move on to the next one.  It's like when I have finished a novel that was engrossing.....I would want to savor it.  However I am moving on to my second girl.

Yesterday I did a mandala drawing class with the middle school kids at our Buddhist Sangha.  I ask them to come up with a symbol that wouldl help them on their spiritual path.  I was amazed at what they came up with and will post their pictures when I get them scanned. 

Creativity is such a scarey but exciting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment