Monday, February 6, 2012

Card No. 3- Zinnia

This process I am going through is so interesting....making cards using only what I already have.  It speaks to the notion of wanting what you have rather than having what you want.  It also speaks to me about aging and how our culture encourages us to go after things that are shiny, new and bright.  In the process of making these cards I realize I am using some old flowers and yet I am finding a way to make them look beautiful.  The look is different than something brand new but equal.  Today I found some zinnias I had pressed years ago and never know what to do with them.  I found some cardstock that was a soft orange and art paper that had some leave and orange and rust flowers.  I also found some cream paper for a backing.  I put it together and used some botanical glue as a sealer and it brought out the beauty of the soft orange of the zinnias. 

No comments:

Post a Comment