Sunday, February 26, 2012

Making a Translucent "Float Frame" Sun Dappled Leaf Collage

I diverted from my card making process to work on this collage.  I read the current World Wide Pressed Flower Art Newsletter and pressed flower artist, Barbara Hallman shared instructions on how to make a sun dappled leaf collage.  Barbara owns and operates Natures Gifts, a business located in Washington, D.C.   It was an interesting process because it involved using 4 layers of sheer art paper and gluing leaves down on each sheet.  This layering process gives dimension to the pictures and when the sun is shining through it looks like leaves blowing in the wind as they fall from the tree.  I want to make another spring collage using this technique using panseys.  I have always loved panseys and their bright faces and sturdy constitutions.
Thanks so much to Barbara Hallman and the generosity of her sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment